Thursday, July 31, 2008

So, Why Are You Still Not Watching The Middleman?

Something that you probably don’t know about me is that I love lists. I always love to break things down into top 10s and such. So, here’s a nice list for you, a list of plans that are elegance in their simplicity:

A super-intelligent, machine gun-toting gorilla attempting to take over the mafia.
A terracotta warrior seeking to take the heir to the Qing dynasty, an 8 year old white kid named Duncan, to the land of the dead to unleash hell on earth.
A group of Lucha Libre wrestlers who kidnap their nemesis, an ancient kung-fu master.
A crazed TV psychiatrist who hunts plastic-surgery obsessed aliens for sport.
An energy drink that will turn you into a trout craving zombie and simultaneously satisfies your trout cravings.
A group of evil alien dictators posing as a boy band.
A cursed tuba who kills anyone who hears it’s E flat by drowning them in the icy waters of the North Atlantic.

If none of those tickled your funny bone in the least (and, I’ll admit, they’re not as funny written out on paper as they are in actuality), then a) We have different senses of humor and b) you are excused from watching The Middleman.

The rest of you, however, you guys don’t really have excuses. Why aren’t you watching the best new show of the summer and the show that is moving its way up my top 10 ridiculously fast? Seriously, I can’t express how much you should be watching The Middleman. It’s that good.

I know I’ve already told you why you should be watching The Middleman. But, you folks didn’t seem to hear me last time, as cancellation rumors floated around this week. So I’m repeating myself. WATCH THE MIDDLEMAN. Seriously, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that if you liked Arrested Development, there’s a good chance you’ll like The Middleman. Same goes for The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Wonderfalls, Buffy, or, really, any good TV show. I understand that it may be a little over the top on campiness or quirkiness, but it’s so good in the long run. Please, folks, watch The Middleman. Since he saves the world and all, it’s kind of your civic duty to support him.
blog comments powered by Disqus