Monday, June 18, 2007

Come On Down! You're The Next Host of The Price Is Right!

With living legend Bob Barker having finished hosting “The Price Is Right”, many names have been touted as his replacement. They have ranged from the oddball (Who thinks Mario Lopez is a good idea?) to the more palatable (Although I still don’t think George Hamilton would be good), but, at least in my opinion, not a single person has been mentioned who could fill the position of America’s favorite advocate of controlling the pet population. So, with that, I would like to throw a name into the race, and hopefully tell CBS what to avoid from wrecking the home of Plinko.

1. Don’t Get A Straight Comedian

As much fun as having a funny person officiating one game of the mountaineer might be, after a very short amount of time, it would get old. The true beauty of Bob Barker was that he didn’t glamorize himself, he glamorized the games and the contestants. Something in me tells me that most comedians wouldn’t be able to keep the spotlights off themselves, nothing against comedians though. I love them.
2. Please Please Please! No Former Reality Contestants!
Just because George Hamilton and Mario Lopez can dance with the stars, it doesn’t mean he deserves the price is right. The people who compete on this shows tend to be the self-promoters that the show must avoid.
3. Not Todd Newton
I honestly don’t get why he’s being considered.
4. Mark Who?
I have no idea who Mark Steines is. Maybe he’d be good. I just have never heard of him, and I follow a good chunk of TV.
5. For The Love of God, Not Rosie.
I’d prefer not to have someone mug to the camera AND give me political commentary on the grocery game.

So, with that, the name I’d like to throw into contention is…..

Monique

Anyone who watches VH1’s Magnum Opus (and I mean that in all sincerity) “The Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School” knows that Monique can be funny without dominating. It’s clear that she actually cares about the former Flavorettes under her wing. She is a warm figure, supporting these girls under her charge, making sure that the get the best experience that they can. Which is exactly what Bob Barker does for all those who come on down. And yes, while she is a comedienne, and that violates my first rule, she has shown that she doesn’t have to dominate the show. And that’s why I think that Monique should be the next host of The Price Is Right. That, or just keep Bob Barker. Maybe they can get a hologram of him.

0 comments: