Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SYTYCD Pre-Finale Extravaganza Part 1

Hey folks. In honor of tonight’s SYTYCD finale, LevyOnTV is gonna have a big pre-finale extravaganza in 3 parts. Now, I know, I probably should have spread this out over 3 days or something, but, what you don’t know is that I’m very lazy. So, now that I have the day off, I’m gonna space them over the afternoon!

Before we start, I’d like to thank all of the open thread participants from last week’s results show for a fun time. Even if it did take a sad turn when Mark was eliminated. But it was still fun, and hopefully tonight’s (it’ll be up around 6 EST) will be even better. Also, in case you haven’t heard, Twitch and Josh were hospitalized for dehydration this weekend. But, if you’re a fan of those two, don’t fret. They’re fine, and the girls didn’t have any extra rehearsal time, so everyone’s on the same page. Finally, I’d like to direct you over to Momo for a link roundup she was nice enough to do. There’s a whole bunch of other SYTYCD stuff there too. Thanks!

And now, on to the first part of the extravaganza! Here are, in your semi-humble TV blogger’s opinion, the odds of each dancer taking home the title and why.


3:1- Joshua Allen

Josh is two things. One, he’s an amazing dancer who has been consistently good in pretty much every style (Although he never got Country Two Step). Second, Josh is absolutely adorable. He’s one of those insanely likeable people who’s almost too likable. But he always seems grounded, and always seems amazing. Plus, he and Katee have totally been the power couple to beat since day one. Which is why it’s kind of ironic and funny that what Josh truly needs to worry about is Katee having an amazing night.

4:1- Katee Shean

As I just said, Katee and Joshua were the power couple from day one. Katee has been nothing if consistently banoodles. Technique-wise, she’s been the strongest female for a while, if not since day one. Plus, where everyone (or maybe it was just me), kind of expected her to maybe pull a Kherington and fall flat without her original partner, she’s kind of flourished. Katee is the real mystery to me almost, because it’s possible that she has been doing much stronger in the votes than I’ve been believing her to. If there’s anyone who can knock out Josh, it’s gonna be Katee.

10:1- Courtney Galliano

Courtney is the absolute dark horse. If you had told me at the top 10 that Courtney would have been one of the two finalists, I totally wouldn’t have believed you. But the girl proved herself and earned her spot. Everyone loves an underdog story, which could help Courtney. Plus, I have the sneaking suspicion that Courtney is gonna be the dancer to pick up the majority of Mark fans. She still needs to have a banoodles night, though.

20:1- Twitch

I’m not ready to say that Twitch is completely out of the running yet. But does anyone really expect Twitch to win? Yes, his solos are always great, but, lately, his routines have been showing lots of weaknesses. And, with Josh being similar and usually more impressive, I really don’t think Twitch will win. He could, but it’s a real longshot. I may be underestimating his personality/demeanor and his fanbase, though.

Well, readers, do my odds seem right to you? Disagree with my reasoning? Comment it to me, I’m a good listener. Stay tuned for the next two parts…

Coming Up in Part 2: Various Season 4 Awards
blog comments powered by Disqus