Wednesday, April 15, 2009

State of VH1: I Love Money Season 2

So, this season of I Love Money has been up and down. It hasn’t quite lived up to season one, I think mainly due to a distinct lack of villainy, ala Megan from last season. I feel like they weren’t sure who people would like, so no one is distinctly evil. There are certainly people who I didn’t like (Oh, hey The Entertainer), but there sure isn’t a true villain.

But let’s not focus on the bad, let’s focus on the good: Namely Frenchie and It (and to a lesser extent, Myammee and Saaphyri). Seriously, Frenchie and It are just frickin hilarious. I just want more of them. VH1 hasn’t used their confessionals nearly enough. Frenchie is, well, herself. Meaning AMAZING. The way they subtitle her in broken English is just kind of fantastic. Seriously, that woman is comedic gold. Plus, her broken English has led to the best recurring joke of the season, the word “alliance” getting mangled into “lion.” But It might even be more entertaining. His dancing at Cali and the exit song he sang to her about what an idiot she was will be a VH1 classic. As was his talking Saaphyri out of quitting this week when he told her that the little girls who look up to her and use her lip chap would lose an idol and become drug addicts. Seriously, I’m convinced he’s secretly brilliant. And F’n hilarious.
Dream Final Two?

Sure, there are weak links. Ice is such a non-entity that it actually aggravates me. The continuous use of the word “devil” to describe anyone’s enemy is irksome. The knowledge of the games’ rules has become a complete pain in the ass because the contestants keep trying to exploit them. But it’s still wildly entertaining. I desperately want a Frenchie and It final 2. I doubt it will happen, but a boy can trashily dream, right?

Also, in case you were wondering, my thoughts on the Rock of Love finale: Better than expected, but still weak. I mean, you weren’t gonna get anything else with Taya and Mindy there. I didn’t mind him picking Taya, since I didn’t really care. I’m just looking forward to heavy doses of Ashley at the reunion.
blog comments powered by Disqus