Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Welcome Back: Det. Brenda Leigh Johnson


I just got around to watching the season premiere of TNT’s “The Closer” and can safely say that Det. Brenda Lee Johnson is a good reason never to commit a crime. That woman will figure it out and throw my ass in the slammer. I don’t care if she’s not real, she will somehow manage to get my confession. Warning, Spoilers Ahead.

Last night’s premiere saw Beaver (from “Veronica Mars”)’s family being slaughtered in a fairly brutal triple-homicide (Thankfully, Dick Casablancas was not harmed). Because it was Beaver, my natural assumption was that he did it and Brenda and the rest of the Priority Homicide division shouldn’t get on any buses. When we found out he was on ecstasy at the time, I thought Cassidy Casablancas was a shoo-in as our killer. But I was wrong.

Brenda figured out that Beav’s father was actually a bigamist, and his other family’s son, who lived in much poorer digs, got really jealous after Daddy lied about him to second Mommy and stabbed Daddy and second Mommy and half-sister. And Beaver’s clothing actually helped crack the case.

While doing all this, she also had to deal with Fritz being needy about moving into a bigger house (leading to a great passive aggressive move on his part) and Pope demanding that she drop one of her detectives (like that was going to happen).

All in all though, it was another solid return for one of my favorite police shows on television. And I look forward to more Brenda pulling off incredible confessions and solving priority cases. Thank you.

0 comments: