Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm Calling You Out: Adrianna Costa

Fox's movie-making reality show "On The Lot" is a trainwreck for so, so many reasons. Many of those are due to the format itself, but this post is not about those. There will probably be another post on that but this is a gripe aimed directly at one person. That's right Adrianna Costa, I'm calling you out.

How did you get this job? Seriously. You are just really, really bad at this whole hosting thing. Now you, as a person, I have no problems with. Sure, there's that whole "I'm gonna try to be exactly like Scarlett Johansson only more Latina" thing going on, but know what, I forgive you for that, because you are attractive. And you may do entertainment news for CNN alright. I've never seen you do it. I get my entertainment news online.

No. I'm calling you out because you are the worst host on network television right now. And this is after I just savaged Cameron Daddo of "Pirate Master" in my last post. You bring absolutely nothing to the show. Your purpose seems to be there solely to do things like hit on contestants like Trevor, and get awkwardly hugged by awkward contestants like David after awkward comments from judge Garry Marshall. And, this may not be your fault, but the whole delivery of eliminations thing is so tired out and lifeless (may be your delivery, may be the shtick itself).

So, Adrianna Costa, I'm begging you. Leave the lot. The show will still suck, but it'll be a little bit better. Unless they bring in Brian Dunkleman. Or Lauryn Sanchez. Or Cameron Daddo. Do you think Seacrest would be willing to do it?

0 comments: