Sunday, August 19, 2007

Belated Welcome Back: Nancy Botwin



I thought I had posted this last Sunday, but I guess I didn't. So here it is now, updated for this week:

Last Monday brought the return of one of my favorite comedies, Weeds. Weeds is all about Nancy Botwin, everyone’s favorite drug-dealing soccer mom, and her struggles to keep her family afloat and keep her business going despite the DEA and her rivals. Last season ended with the awesome cliff-hanger of multiple guns pointed at Nancy’s head, her older son Silas about to get busted with all of Nancy’s stash, and younger son Shane driving off with the crazy ex-girlfriend of Andy, Nancy’s brother-in-law.

The season opener did a very good job of dealing with all those story lines as well as creating a forward story motion for season three. I’ve seen the first four episodes of the season, and the story lines stay good and fresh. The addition of mega-community with a religious affinity Majestic, which surrounds Agrestic, could be an interesting twist, especially considering the romantic relationship they seem to be creating between Nancy and the head of Majestic played by Matthew Modine. Also of note is the addition of Mary-Kate Olsen as Silas’ new girlfriend, a religious toker. While I have not seen her, I’m looking forward to the idea. Here’s hoping Bob Saget can make a cameo, which would only make Weeds all the more enjoyable.

0 comments: