Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Premieres

See, I’m trying to do this early again. Tonight’s a pretty big night for premieres. Lots of old goodies returning:

The Office: My second favorite comedy (My favorite is 30 Rock with How I Met Your Mother running a close third) returns tonight with Pam being free-spirited, Karen being Jilted, and Dwight being, well, Dwight. It’s gonna be awesome

My Name Is Earl: Another serviceable comedy from NBC, the first few episodes of this season see Earl in prison, where I’m sure he’ll still be able to knock things off his list.

Grey’s Anatomy: Everyone’s favorite hospital based surgical intern drama is back tonight sans my favorite character, who has moved on to a worse spin-off. Tonight brings the introduction of Meredith’s half-sister who apparently also has a thing for Derek. I’m sure drama and some hilarity will ensue. Oh, and a lot of whining and aggravating voiceovers. Those too..

CSI:
The most reliable procedural out there returns tonight brining the conclusion of the to be continued season finale which saw Sara being a victim of the Miniature Killer possibly. I really like the creative direction CSI took last year with a recurring case. Here’s hoping they keep that momentum up…

Ugly Betty: Betty returns tonight and deals with her dad being stuck in Mexico, and some other stuff that I can’t really remember. The season finale obviously wasn’t that good or I’d remember more of what happened. I think someone was shot. Really, the only reason I stay interested in this show is for Marc and Amanda, who are hilarious together. By the way, this is the show I’m most picking to hit a sophomore slump, ala Desperate Housewives

Big Shots: This is the only premiere tonight. I haven’t seen it. It hasn’t gotten great word of mouth. Just thought I’d mention it to anyone who might have wanted to watch this and forgotten.

Yeah, so it’s a busy night. Thank god for TiVo, DVRs, and other such accessories. Happy watching…

0 comments: